Pat has another great post on his blog about a trend in Australia where sports sponsors are seeing a decline in brand awareness – even though they continue to do the same things. What's the definition of insanity?
Gila nindakake perkara sing padha lan ngarepake asil sing beda.
Marketing lan edan Pariwara
Wherever we find an Advertising Agency or a Marketing Firm, we find this don't we? People tend to admire their own work, ignore the data, and continue to work within their comfort zone:
- Agensi sing hebat ing Flash nggawe situs interaktif sing apik lan menang penghargaan nanging ora ana sing bisa nemokake amarga ora nggatekake SEO.
- Mass marketers ignore the simplicity of targeting your content on the Internet and then wonder why their content isn't sticking.
- Para petugas video nggawe situs bandwidth sing abot tanpa konten teks sing ndhukung kanggo sing maca biasa.
- Brand marketers continue to apply spin to every chunk of content on their corporate website, ignoring their prospects' requirement kanggo kontak pribadi, transparansi lan kejujuran.
- Pemasar sing ngilangi media massa kanggo online amarga katon luwih murah. Yen produk sampeyan minangka piranti geriatric, kaca kuning utawa iklan baris ing majalah sing ditarget bisa uga duwe investasi pemasaran sing luwih gedhe.
Medium Paling apik bisa uga Medium sing Ora Bisa Digawe
Every marketer or agency excels in specific mediums, but it's rare that an agency or marketer doesn't ignore or dismiss mediums that could be helpful. Television, radio, newspaper, direct mail, telemarketing, yellow pages, classifieds, sponsorships, charity, contests, scholarships, memberships, blogging, online video, pay-per-click advertising, email marketing, social networks, search engine optimization – all of these are mediums that do tekan wong. Nanging, ana sebab kenapa saben bisa mbantu utawa malah bisa nyegah upaya pemasaran sampeyan.
Konsumen lan Bisnis Nggolek Sampeyan
Key to selecting your marketing mix is testing those mediums, comparing other (similar) advertisers' results, reading white papers, following best practices, and finding the most effective mix to gain the appropriate return on investment. Marketers are complaining that rentang perhatian konsumen sithik nanging aku pancen ora setuju. Konsumen nyoba nemokake sampeyan when you have the right product or service, be it business to consumer, or business to business. It's your job to place the right information in front of them at the right time and place.
Pemasaran Campuran Pangowahan karo Wektu
There is a third dimension to marketing and that's time! We tend to look at marketing as a pie chart, calculating each piece of the pie and what percent of the marketing resources will be appropriate. But marketing doesn't work like this. When you first launch a social network, your media mix may be heavily pay-per-click advertising and perhaps sponsoring contests to build initial readership. However, once you have enough members to sustain growth, your resources may be better spent in search engine optimization since that will leverage your users' content to build additional growth.
Stop the insanity and push yourself to go against your better judgment! You've got an arsenal at your disposal, there is no silver bullet.