Nalika email wis maju sawetara suwene dekade kanthi HTML, desain responsif, lan sawetara elemen liyane, kekuwatan email sing efektif isih ana salinan pesen that you write. I’m often disappointed in the emails I receive from companies where I have no idea who they are, why they emailed me, nor what they expect me to do next… and it results in my unsubscribing to them as rapidly as I sign-up for them.
I’m working with a client right now to write copy for several of their automated emails… subscription notification, welcome email, onboarding email(s), password reset email, etc. It’s been a good month of research on the web and I believe that I’ve uncovered enough nuances to other competing articles to share my thoughts and findings here.
My client has been waiting patiently for me to complete this task… thinking I was going to open a word document, write their copy, and provide it to their development team to insert into their platform. That didn’t happen because every element must be well thought-out and it required a ton of research. Subscribers don’t have patience nowadays for companies that waste their time by pushing communications that aren’t of value. I wanted to ensure our structure for these emails was consistent, well-thought-out, and properly prioritized.
Cathetan sisih: I’m not going to speak to the layout, design, nor Optimization here… this is very specific to the copy that you’re writing in each of your emails.
Elemen Salin Email sing Efektif
There are 10 key elements I’ve identified to writing effective email copy. Note that some of them are optional, but the order is still critical as an email subscriber scrolls through the email. I also want to downplay the length of the email. An email should be as long as needed to reach the goal of the communication… no less, no more. That means if it’s a password reset, the user just wants to know what to do and how to do it. However, if it’s an entertaining storyline, a couple of thousand words may absolutely be appropriate to entertain your subscriber. Subscribers don’t mind scrolling as long as the information is well-written and partitioned for scanning and reading.
- Garis Subjek - Baris subjek sampeyan minangka aspek sing paling kritis nalika nemtokake manawa pelanggan bakal mbukak email sampeyan. Sawetara tips nulis garis subyek sing efektif:
- Yen email sampeyan minangka respons otomatis (pengiriman, sandhi, lsp.), Cukup kasebut. Tuladha: Panyuwunan ngreset sandhi kanggo [platform].
- Yen email sampeyan informatif, takon, kalebu factoid, aplikasi humor, utawa malah tambahake emoji sing narik perhatian menyang email. Tuladha: Napa 85% proyek transformasi digital gagal?
- Preheader – many systems and companies don’t give a lot of thought to preheader text. This is the previewed text that email clients display under your subject line. They’re often the first few lines of the content within the email, but kanthi HTML lan CSS, sampeyan bisa nggawe teks preheader kanthi bener lan ndhelikake ing njero awak email. Preheader ngidini sampeyan nggedhekake baris subyek lan narik kawigaten para pamiarsa, luwih becik dheweke maca kabeh email. Contone Terus nganggo baris subyek transformasi digital ing ndhuwur, bisa uga prapaku, Riset nyedhiyakake 3 alasan ing ngisor iki kenapa proyek transformasi digital gagal ing bisnis.
- Opening - Paragraf pambuka sampeyan bisa uga wis dadi preheader utawa sampeyan bisa njupuk ruang tambahan kanggo nambah salam, nyetel nada kanthi lengkap, lan nggawe tujuan komunikasi. Tuladha: In this article, we’re going to share a comprehensive research done within Fortune 500 companies that point to the 3 most common reasons that digital transformation projects fail within the enterprise.
- Matur nuwun (opsional) - Sawise sampeyan nyetel nada, sampeyan bisa uga matur nuwun kanggo sing maca kanthi opsional. Tuladha: As a customer, we believe it’s critical to share information like this to enhance the value we bring to our relationship. Thank you for your patronage to [company].
- Body – Respect people’s time by briefly and creatively providing the information to reach the goal you stated above. Here’s a couple of tips…
- Nggunakake ngowahi format sithik lan efektif. Wong maca akeh email ing piranti seluler. Dheweke bisa uga nggulung email dhisik lan maca judhul, banjur luwih jero ngerteni konten kasebut. Judhul sederhana, istilah sing dicithak, lan poin peluru kudu cukup kanggo mbantu dheweke mindai lan fokus ing salinan sing ditemokake.
- Nggunakake grafis sparingly and effectively. Imagery helps subscribers comprehend and retain the information you’re providing luwih cepet than reading text. Think about looking at a pie chart rather than reading the bullet points and values… the chart is far more effective. Graphics should never be a distraction, nor gratuitous, though. We don’t want to waste the readers’ time.
- Tindakan utawa Penawaran (optional) – Tell the user what to do, why to do it, and when to do it. I’d highly recommend that you utilize a button of some sort with a command on it. Example: If you’re planning your next digital transformation project, schedule a free introductory consulting meeting now. [Schedule Button]
- Komentar (opsional) - Nyuwun lan menehi sarana kanggo menehi umpan balik. Pelanggan sampeyan seneng dirungokake lan bisa uga ana kesempatan bisnis nalika njaluk saran. Tuladha: Did you find this information valuable? Is there another topic you’d like us to research and provide information on? Reply to this email and let us know!
- Resources (optional) – provide additional or alternative information that supports the communication. This information should be relevant to the goal of the communication. In this case above, it could be additional, relevant blog posts that you’ve done, a handful of articles on the topic, or the actual resources referenced in the article.
- Sambungake - Nyedhiyakake cara komunikasi (web, sosial, alamat, telpon, lsp). Ayo wong ngerti ngendi lan carane bisa nyambung karo sampeyan utawa perusahaan ing media sosial, blog, nomer telpon, utawa uga lokasi fisik sampeyan.
- Pangeling – Tell people how they subscribed and provide a means to opt-out or change your communication preferences. You’d be surprised at how many emails people are opted into, so remind them how they were added to your email list! Example: As our client, you were opted into these newsletters. If you’d like to opt-out or update your communication preferences, click here.
Konsistensi minangka kunci ing struktur email lan salinan, mula nyetel kerangka kanggo saben email sampeyan supaya pelanggan ngerti lan ngurmati saben wong. Yen sampeyan nemtokake pangarepan lan malah ngluwihi, pelanggan bakal mbukak, klik, lan njupuk tindakan luwih akeh. Iki bakal nyebabake keterlibatan, akuisisi, lan retensi pelanggan sing luwih apik.