Sawetara menit kepungkur, aku nampa Google Alert ing artikel babagan kenapa Ajax wis nyalip Jawa. Sounds like a great article, doesn't it? I couldn't tell you because I never read it. This is what I was met with when I got there:
Apa sing nggawe kaca iki ngganggu banget:
- When the page launches, a div pop-up hits me right between the eyes with a very small close link in the base. The pop-up isn't a window pop-up so a pop-up blocker doesn't work. As well, the advertisement is carefully positioned to display OTHER ADS within the sidebar and it actually blocks the content I came to see.
- Yen sampeyan gulung mudhun, pariwara tetep ing posisi sing padha! Sampeyan pancen ora bisa maca konten tanpa ngeklik cedhak Pariwara.
- Iklan video wiwit diputer sanalika situs kasebut diluncurake kanthi swara! I don't mind sound on a web page… when I ask for it.
- Ing kaca kasebut ana 7 pariwara ing tampilan biasa ... lan ora ana konten.
- There are no less than five navigation methods on the page! There's a listbox, horizontal tabbed menu, horizontal menu, a horizontal ticker menu, sidebar menus… how can anyone possibly find anything on this website? I'm wondering whether or not there actually yaiku apa wae konten ing situs ing antarane kabeh menu lan iklan!
- This is, supposedly, a website that's a resource for Website Professionals! Can you believe that?
Situs Warta Teknologi lan Informasi sing bisa dibandhingake
In comparison, let's take a look at CNET. CNET also has a multimedia component (that you click play on if you'd like to, and 7 advertisements in plain view! However, the navigation and web page layout promote the content instead of hiding it.
Impact lan Comparison
If you don't think design is an important feature of a news and information website, I'll throw in this comparison of Perbandingan statistik Alexa:
What's your most annoying web site? Please… keep it to Marketing and/or technology sites.