Some folks think that the onslaught of blogs and social media sites makes it more difficult to get your voice heard. While it's true that the noise is much louder, the opportunity to get your voice or your company's voice heard in social media is still not only possible, it's great if you have content that people are looking for.
We've just surpassed 100,000 tampilan ing wulan November on Martech, an all-time record and moving us into an elite category of marketing blogs that get over 1 million visitors per year. (Note: the chart below isn't tracking all-time… only from when we started using WordPress Stats)
So how did we do it? I've been telling people my entire career (even before online) that a key to great marketing is to use multiple mediums to promote your product or service. You can't pump all your money into one medium… you're not only limiting the audience, but you're also severely limiting the means in which your voice is heard. For 5 years, Martech was a text-based blog. I didn't have the resources or time to use other mediums, so I just worked to optimize that medium.
This year; however, has been very different. Here are all the different initiatives we've worked on:
- Over the last year we've recorded a acara radio mingguan (off today because of the US holiday). We've had week after week of talking to the greatest marketing minds in the industry and the show has grown – with thousands of listeners each month.
- Kita gabung karo marketing email program that continued to drive visitors back to the blog. This is currently getting reworked as we migrate to our newest sponsor, Delivra, but it's been an incredibly great tactic. If your blog doesn't have an email program, start it today! We're working on some tools for WordPress users in that area… keep checking up on us!
- Pangembang kita, Stephen, nggarap pirang-pirang plugin - kalebu Widget sidebar Youtube, entuk akeh perhatian saka komunitas WordPress.
- Bebarengan karo pesenan acara radio, Jenn wis telas melu jaringan ing Twitter, Facebook lan LinkedIn lan lalu lintas saka sosial asring mbledhos ngluwihi lalu lintas telusuran each month! We're now using penyangga kanggo mbantu ngatur lan njaga obrolan kasebut kanthi online.
- Situs tetenger sosial lan situs panemuan kaya StumbleUpon wis ngirim akeh lalu lintas, mula nggabungake tombol nuduhake sosial ing saben postingan supaya luwih gampang masarakat nuduhake konten karo jaringan wis dadi taktik sing apik kanggo nuntun lalu lintas anyar menyang kita.
- Kita kanthi aktif promosi situs uga anggaran pariwara cilik on Facebook and LinkedIn to very specific audiences. I'm not sure there's much of a return on investment there, but it's a good branding engagement to keep Martech top of mind with our target audience of CMOs and directors of Marketing.
- We've incorporated polls actively to engage our readers. Zoomerang has been an incredible sponsor and really helped us capture visitor interest and opinion, providing us with additional content ideas every week. A basic Zoomerang account is free, so I'd encourage anyone to use it! One word of caution is that you may not receive an overwhelming response from your poll. While people love to read blogs, they don't always participate.
- We've developed Infografis Pemasaran kanggo kaloro Delivera (Praktek Email Paling Apik) lan Zoomerang (Konsumen lan SMB Asil Survei Media Sosial) lan dirilis liwat Martech Zone minangka bagean saka paket sponsor karo perusahaan. Infografis pancen apik banget kanggo nggayuh pamirsa yen sampeyan ngerti kepiye pengaruh wong-wong mau!
- Kita mindhah blog menyang kahanan seni Perusahaan hosting WordPress, WPEngine digabung karo a Jaringan Konten Konten didukung dening StackPath CDN, CDN sing luwih cepet tinimbang Amazon.
- Impact pungkasan lan paling gedhe: konten asli, terkenal! Nalika sisa blog pemasaran lan teknologi pengin gelut babagan crita paling anyar - utawa luwih elek - regurgitasi iku, kita terus-terusan ngupayakake manawa sampeyan nampa informasi terkenal, positif, bisa ditrapake ing industri.
Apa mbesuk? Kita agensi is kicking off some education curricula with a couple of Universities and major companies. We're going to work those lessons into Webinars and training courses for our readers. This will allow us to go beyond the conversation and really drill down and get you some great results. Be on the lookout for some additional videos, webinars and ebooks coming your way!
Yesterday was Thanksgiving here in the United States and I appreciate all of the support that you've given us! Thank you!